ByteBoi – Build & code your own retro game console
Our customers loved our first product MAKERbuino. ByteBoi is an improved and reimagined version of our beloved 8-bit educational gaming device.
This device is an open-source retro game console that you can assemble and code yourself.
ByteBoi can be coded in MakeCode Arcade – an awesome online coding interface with a bunch of examples and tutorials.
You can even use your ByteBoi for remote controlling your Wheelson because of the built-in Wi-Fi chipset.
What you’ll get:
- 240×320 full-color TFT display
- Main circuit board with an integrated ATSAMD51 32-bit microcomputer with 120MHz CPU, 192kB of SRAM, and 512kB of FLASH memory
- Li-Po battery
- Acrylic casing
- A bag of other small components such as resistors, pushbuttons, nuts and bolts
- An instruction booklet – ready for your offline knowledge consumption
What you’ll learn:
- How to assemble your own gaming device
- How video game consoles work
- How to code your own video game
- How to animate characters and simulate physics in a video game
- How to interface your ByteBoi with your Wheelson
What you can do with it:
- Play pre-made games on your ByteBoi
- Make your own video game and brag about it in front of your friends
- Connect your ByteBoi to the internet
- Share your creations with a community of game makers
- Byte the road, Jack